Friendsgiving Harvest Takes 5
Well, you did it! You made it to Turkey Day!
Congrats for making it to the day without indulging in too much of the bourbon from the Sweet-Glazed Carrots! Of course, the day is still young and there is always time for a couple swigs later on!
If you’re anything like me, you are hiding out in the kitchen, pretending to be busy while the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade is blaring in the other room. Except I’m just stirring the hot water while surfing Facebook and sneaking a sip of my carrots main ingredient every now and then! Hey, us southerners do what we have to do to get through the day with a house full of family all trying to talk over one another.
Did I mention I’m an introvert?
Y’all I am so an introvert, so a house full of life people all day long is really not my cup of tea. That is why I’m having a cup of bourbon!
Anyway, the whole point of this post is to give you a very simple, Easy as ”Pie” Pumpkin Pie recipe. It’s so easy in fact, you probably have all the ingredients on hand!
Yay, no last minute trips to Wal-Mart! (remember we have been sneaking bourbon)
This pie will literally take you less than five minutes to mix up and only takes 15-20 minutes to bake. That’s right, in less than 30 minutes you will have a delish Homemade Pumpin Pie to show off!!
Easy As ”Pie” Pumpkin Pie
- 1 15 ounce can of pumpkin
- 1 14 ounce can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon spice
- 1 teaspoon of gingerbread spice
- 1 homemade crust or store-bought crust
How to make:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine your pumpkin, sweetned condensed milk, eggs and spices.
- Mix well, with whisk or mixer.
- Pour mixture into crust.
- Bake at 425 degrees for 15-20 until pie cust is golden brown and pie mixture has formed.
- Let cool, top with cool whip (if you prefer) and enjoy!
*No time to make a homemade pie crust, but want everyone to think you have? In a small bowl melt butter and add in 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon and brush on your pie crust before you pour in your mixture. It will give it a more homemade taste!
Super, super easy as “pie”!
Hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving!